Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seriously Sweet and Sassy


Actually the name of the stamps used were Seriously Sassy from Stampin Up, but I thought that was a good title for this card. This was a color challenge card from Splitcoast Stampers, the challenge was to use Rose Red, Black and Kraft paper. This card actually took me a long time to make because I couldn't get it just the way I wanted it. So mid card making I decided to take a break and walk down to my friend Leigh's house and see what was up. Leigh was nice enough to make me a sandwich and then we gabbed for a while so then I went back home and took another shot at the card. I figured most of it out but I showed it to Leigh again before we went to the bus stop and she said, "Add a layer of black to the back." Well, thanks Leigh because that did make a big difference. Leigh is a terrific card maker, check out her blog at http://sunflowerstudio.typepad.com.


Card details: Ink from Pallette Noir Hybrid, Dew Drops from Ellen Hutson LLC, Ribbon from American Crafts, flower punch, papers from Stampin Up, glitter pen from Spica at You.

No comments: